Here's what you'll need, organized to be grocery list friendly:
1 CHOPPED BELL PEPPER
1 CHOPPED ONION
2 CHOPPED SWEET POTATO
3 CLOVES MINCED GARLIC
1 PACKAGE (8oz) MUSHROOMS, MINCED
1 MINCED JALEPENO
-- Cans (15ish ounzes)
1 CAN BLACK BEANS
1 CAN PUMPKIN (PLAIN)
2 CAN DICED TOMATO
1 CARTON BROTH (32 oz)
I LB GROUND BEEF OR TURKEY
1. Throw all the canned/carton stuff into the crock pot.
2. Throw the sweet potatoes in there too
3. In a large skillet, on high, add a tablespoon or so of oil, then onion, bell pepper, garlic, and Jalapeno. Stir for 5 mins or so, then add to crock pot.
4. In that same skillet, Add another tablespoon of oil, then meat, mushrooms, and dash in some salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and paprika. Don't over think it, just shake some in there. Saute until meat is fully browned. Add to crock pot.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and a couple shakes of ground cinnamon. Stir.
6. Cook on High 4-6 hours or low all day long.
If you make this, I want to see a picture! How did you like it? Wasn't it amazing!? Did you change the recipe at all?