Welcome!

"A ship is always safe at shore, but that is not what it is built for"

Grab&Go Freezer Breakfast Muffins




I am trying to eat better. I am not on a diet, as that is hard to do while breast feeding, but I am attempting to eat healthier. While weight loss is a plus from marathon training, it is not why I am doing it. I had a kid 6 months ago. Losing weight is not on the top of my priority list. My weight has always went up and down, but I have never considered myself "Overweight". The Army would never allow it. Regardless, I am always on the look out for healthy recipes that taste as good as the stuff that is bad for you. Why eat the bad stuff when you can get good taste and healthy? I of all people know that those recipes are few and far between, but when I get one, I snag it.

Here is a recipe for oatmeal muffins. The great thing about these is that you can make them any way you want! By the time you remix it to your liking, there's no reason not to eat these.

Makes 12 muffins.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a bowl, mix
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cups applesauce, unsweetened
1 mashed banana
1/4 cup honey
2 1/2 cups, oats
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
+ 1 Cup of your choice (Chocolate chips, craisins, raisins, peanuts, pecan, blueberries, pomegranate, etc)

Using a ladle is a great way to evenly scoop the mixture into the muffin tin. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Freeze in Ziploc bags.

Heat in microwave minute and a half to two minutes.

I make these for my husband to take with him to work. I make all of them with different ingredients of my choice, and i mix them up. Once they're frozen its usually hard to tell which is which, so it's like a nice little surprise when he gets a chocolate chip one, which is his favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment