Welcome!

"A ship is always safe at shore, but that is not what it is built for"

Finding time to train for a marathon






There are so many people that have goals and aspirations, but there are always reasons why they cannot pursue them. One of the biggest reasons for this is because they do not have the time to commit. It's not that they are using it as an excuse, they actually mean it, and unfortunately it becomes the deal breaker that keeps them from achieving their goals.
I used to be one of those people. I never thought I had the time. Truth is, you will never have the time. You have to make the time. I wanted to run a marathon so badly that i made the time to train for it. I am an extremely busy person these days, and if i can find the time to do it, so can you. Here are some ideas to help you find time to train for a marathon (or anything else you wish to accomplish):


Get up an hour earlier
Yes, I know that for many of you, just the thought makes you twitch. When I was in the Army, it became second nature. It's still not easy to get up early in the morning, but being that my baby still doesnt sleep through the night, I'm used to waking up. Waking up is the hard part, but once you're up, you're up.

Go to bed an hour later
If you work the night shift it may be easier for you to take that hour before your head hits the pillow to get a work out in. It can help you sleep better too.

Make crock pot meals to freeze
There are so many recipes for food that can be made and put in the freezer for those days when you just don't have time to cook. Make a few and use the time you would be cooking to get a quick run in.

Get off Facebook
You heard me. It's worth it.

Record your favorite TV show
I knowwwww. Some shows you just have to watch the moment they come on. You have to! I understand better than anyone. ABC's Revenge is one of my favorites, and I don't like watching it the next day. Maybe not your have to show, but it's definitely worth it to sacrifice ONE 1 hour long show to get that run in.

Set a schedule
Running is not an every day thing. Know what days you want to run and rearrange your schedule a little bit. Routines are a lot easier to stick with than go-with-the-flow attempts.


Do you have some tips on making time to train? Let me know what you recommend below!

No comments:

Post a Comment